So, what to put in salads:
- daun ulam raja - cosmos caudantus
- pucuk tujuh bilah - pereskia sacarosa
- kobis - cabbage
- bayam - spinach
- bunga kantan - ginger torch
- kemangi - lemon basil
- ruku - ocinum tenuiflorum
Now, how about salad dressing. My version of the salad dressing with a twist it:
- Blended mature daun durian belanda - soursop leaves.
- Limau kasturi - calamansi juice
- Natural honey (if you like a touch of sweetness)
- Virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
What does the salad dressing bring to the table? Based on traditional or homeopathic remedies, it is packed with vitamins and minerals, anti-bacteria, heart benefits, cancer prevention - and so much more.
For this salad, all the ingredients are raw and with the exception of olive oil, are all local ingredients. To make it totally local, you can try virgin coconut oil instead of virgin olive oil. When you eat it, it is just another dish and much easier to consume than taking pills. Try making it as part of your regular meal dish and I hope you reap the benefits and have a healthier life. If you want to read more in detail about each of the salad ingredients, check out my plant specific blog. Happy 2014!