Thursday 11 December 2014

Edible or Therapeutic Flowering Landscape Part 1

The basic rule that we have for plants at the farm is that it must be either edible or have therapeutic values and is our botanical heritage.  I love flowers so I find flowering plants that meets the criteria and work on growing and propagating them as well as trying the understand what makes them grow well.  These are all relatively low maintenance so you might want to try to add them to your landscape, if you don't already have it.






Bunga Kantan (Ginger Torch)
Ruku (Holy Basil)








Lengkuas Kecil (Galanggang)
Selasih Putih (White Basil)














Misai Kucing (Cat’s Whiskers)
Tujuh Bilah







Kunyit (Tumeric)
Kari (Curry)



As I manage to photograph more plants, part 2 will follow.  I look forward to furthering my quest whilst land space permits J

No comments:

Post a Comment