Thursday 26 May 2016

Bentong Ginger and Turmeric Drink: My two months review

I simply love this drink and today, I fall in love with it more for these reasons, two months ago:

  1. my blood pressure was around 145/80 and today it is 125/71
  2. I couldn't get up from a full squat position without holding on to something and today I can rise easily, no aid required,
  3. I do not feel bloated or "full of gas" any more.
I monitor my blood pressure because I am terrified of the effects.  I have seen many people get stroke from high blood pressure hence I try to maintain a good blood pressure.  Like everyone else, sometimes I get a bit lazy if I have to watch everything that I eat.  I also enjoy being active so I need a method that is easy to maintain good muscle and joint aches and pains as well as flexibility.  Hence, my joy at these two areas.

I love experimenting healthy drinks on myself first and preferably, farm-made because source of materials is important to me.  There are a few qualities that I look for:

  1. Taste: This is important as if it doesn't taste to my liking, chances of me continuing to drink it is small
  2. Ease of consumption: It has to be easily consumed.  If I need to go through a hassle to drink it, chances are I won't be bothered to go through the effort.
  3. Methods of consumption:  This combination is versatile.  I can make a drink by adding water to the concentrate, leave it unsweetened or sweetened with honey or brown sugar or molasses; add it to regular tea; drink it warm or cold; add it olive oil, lime, salt and pepper to make a salad dressing; or use it in cooking.
  4. Ease of preparation:  It is easy to prepare although it is time-consuming.  The upside is, I can prepare a concentrate that can be stored in the fridge for at least 1 month and no preservatives.
  5. Minimal adverse effect:  No known adverse effects to drinking this normally.
  6. Ease of source materials: These plants are easy to grow so I plant a lot of them at the farm.  This provides me with easy access to source materials.
I am looking forward to my blood tests results next week which I hope will show other good results.  In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy to drink this.  I also encourage everyone to plant these two plants and reap the benefits :)

3 comments:

  1. My mother is also suffering from the same reason and we have to take her to doctor to control her blood but the problem still exists and we have to take her to Physiotherapy North Ryde to provide her relief from her pains that is usually in shoulders and head but can you also please send me the method of making that drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please e-mail me at watighio@yahoo.com. Thanks.

      Delete